Renegade Pop-Up @ Pitchfork Music Festival
Congratulations on your acceptance to the Renegade Craft Pop-Up @ Pitchfork Music Festival!
We are so excited to have you as a part of our community! Please read through our Participation Kit to get ready for the Fair. Please take a moment to click through and read each section, which has detailed and important information. We can’t wait to see you and what you’ve been making!
Prior to the Fair, send us your questions and ideas via email to Info@RenegadeCraft.com. We will get back to you asap during regular working hours M-TH.
During the weekend of the Fair, you can find our team at the Rc Info Booth located under the same tent as you.
There is not an official check-in, but please feel free to pop by our Info Booth at anytime to say Hi, ask a question, share ideas, or meet the Renegade team.
You can also call or text our on-site crew throughout the weekend: 815-931-9304.
We will have complimentary enamel pins and stickers available while supplies last.
Meet our team here ☺︎
venue + address:
1501 W. Randolph St.
Chicago, IL 60606
- Pitchfork Music Festival will take place July 15-17, 2022 from 12pm – 10pm.
- You will need a valid photo ID to enter.
- Children 10 and under can attend the festival for free.
- Service animals are welcome! Sorry, your adorable pets are not permitted.
- Please visit Pitchfork’s website for detailed information of what’s permitted to bring into the Festival, and much much more.
- This Fair will be held outdoors, rain or shine, within the Pitchfork Music Festival at Union Park.
- Renegade’s area will be tented. No pop-up tents are allowed.
- There will be ambient string lighting throughout the tent.
- Each booth will have sheer ivory pipe + drape behind their booth.
Our Pop-Up takes place inside Pitchfork Music Festival in Chicago’s Union Park, so be festival-ready! Comfortable shoes, sun protection, layers from day to night, water and snacks are a must. The Pop-Up is curated under a white tent on a tennis court that we share with a vinyl record marketplace. Get ready for a weekend of good music & good vibes!
Each business will be allowed three people per day to work their booth, and each will receive a General Admission Vendor Wristband. Staff must check in each day they are working on Friday/Saturday/Sunday between 9am-12pm.
You must provide the three full names of staff that will be present in your booth each day. Please do so by June 30th using this form.
- The Pitchfork Music Festival is committed to making its facilities accessible and usable by all patrons and visitors. There are ramps from the sidewalks to the street, ADA restrooms, and an ADA entrance.
- They have designated viewing platforms for ADA festival attendees at all three stages.
- Please contact Pitchfork ahead of time with any questions, needs or concerns. If you need space to store any equipment such as oxygen tanks or insulin, please email them ahead of time at email@example.com, so that they can make accommodations.
View Pitchfork’s Health + Safety plan here –>
Head here to reserve rental items, including tables, chairs, garment racks, and table linens. All rental orders are due by Thursday, June 30.
Pitchfork provides tenting, no need to bring your own or rent.
There will be ambient string lighting throughout the tent.
Each booth will have sheer ivory pipe + drape behind their booth.
Note, WiFi is not available at this Fair. We recommend contacting your cellular service provider for a mobile hotspot, running offline sales, or this universal hotspot (though we cannot guarantee it is a good fit for everyone, please confirm with your cellular provider). In any case, please test your tech before the event.
To guarantee direct lighting on your display, we recommend bringing cordless/portable lights:
- For ambient lighting, we recommend this led light ball, rechargeable globe or these string lights.
- For more direct light, we recommend this table lamp or this circular lamp.
- While we can’t offer electricity rentals, we found this portable power station that will offer you some juice throughout the weekend.PS – if you use these links to purchase we may earn a small commission.
At the Fair
If you rent tables or clothing racks, those will be placed in your space. If you rent table linens or chairs through us, you will need to pick them up from the Rental Depot located near our Info Booth during load-in.
Depending on which size booth you applied for, your footprint at the Fair measures 3’x6’ for a shared booth, 6’x6’ for a full booth, or 6’x12′ for a double booth.
Please note that shared booths most typically are oriented with the shortest side facing the aisle. Please work with your booth partner and plan your setup and rental needs accordingly.
Read more about shared booths below.
If you signed up for a shared booth, you will receive your booth mate’s contact information after curation on Monday, June 27.
Please get in touch with each other as soon as you are introduced to discuss your shared booth setup and rentals as needed.
Shared Booth Setups
Please note that shared booths most typically are oriented with the shortest side facing the aisle. Shared booths at this Fair are 3′ wide x 6′ deep. Please work with your booth partner and plan accordingly so that shoppers can browse both of your setups. Read more on sharing a booth here.
Here are a handful of diagrams to give you some ideas on how you could set up a shared booth space. The diagrams are to scale, so please notice how the displays fit within the booth and how much space is available for attendees to browse both of your products.
AT THE FAIR
The Roster will be live after curation, on Monday, June 27.
Once it’s up, click the tile for your business and make sure all looks great. Here you will find your:
- Booth Assignment
- Artist Profile
- Instagram Link
Load-in will begin on Thursday, 7/14 between 6–9pm. Vendors will park in the RHA parking lot (Respiratory Health Association 1440 W Washington Blvd).
Vendor name must be listed for parking pass. To access the lot, vendors will arrive via the alley entrance off Washington. Vendors will receive a parking pass and be directed to their parking space. Once parked and unloaded vendors can receive their wristband and walk their goods over to the park.
When done unloading vendors will remove their vehicle by exiting the lot onto Ogden. No vendors will be able to pull in vehicles on the grounds or up to festival gate. Vendors must transport goods from parked cars via dolly/cart. Once unloaded, vehicles must be removed from the lot.
You will have access to the Festival beginning at 9am on Friday/Saturday/Sunday and you will have until 12pm to setup.
- If you rent tables or clothing racks, those will be placed in your space. If you rent table linens or chairs through us, you will need to pick them up from the Rental Depot located near our Info Booth during load-in.
- We will have a handful of hand trucks available for vendors to use for load-in and out. The hand trucks will be available on a first-come-first-served basis and will require a photo I.D. as collateral.
Please note that parking is limited in the area and is not guaranteed. The parking that is available is street parking only, so please be very mindful of all posted signage.
The venue will be locked overnight, but we strongly encourage you to take your merchandise and anything valuable with you for the night.
If you choose to leave your displays, merchandise, etc., please note that anything you leave overnight is done so at your own risk. Pitchfork and Renegade Craft Fair are not responsible for any damages or theft that may occur.
Breakdown begins at 10 p.m. Please do not pack up early! Help us make this a smooth and easy load-out by packing up your booth before bringing your car around.
Vendors are responsible for disposing of their own trash at the end of the night! Thank you for doing your part, we appreciate it.
FOR YOUR BUSINESS
We have your credit card stored on file and will charge your booth fee on or shortly after June 20th. Thank you!
If you requested an upgraded corner placement and received one, we will charge your credit card on or after June 28.
If for any reason we’re unable to charge your card, we will send you an invoice. Thanks!
In the event you must cancel your participation:
- If you cancel before the cancellation deadline of June 17, we will not charge the booth fee.
- If you cancel your participation on or after the cancellation deadline of June 17, we cannot offer a refund.
- The $50 application fee for each event canceled is nonrefundable.
- Once you cancel, you forfeit your spot in the Fair and you are not permitted to sell or trade your space.
Note: If participants have to cancel between 1-5 days in advance due to testing positive for Covid, we are able to refund the booth fees you paid in 2022, or carry your credit forward to another event.
All vendors making sales in Illinois are required to report and pay all tax due based on their total receipts within ten (10) days of the close of the Fair.
Once accepted into the event, you can use this Illinois Department of Revenue Special Event Tax Coupon to send to the Department of Revenue along with your payment.
For more information about Illinois sales tax, please visit Illinois Revenue’s website. Renegade and Pitchfork take no responsibility for calculating, reporting, or otherwise having any involvement with such reporting, other than to make you aware of the requirements based on our understanding of IL State regulations with regards to sales at Special Events.
Pitchfork is required to supply a list to the IL Department of Revenue with participating vendor information, including:
1) the name of the business
2) business address
3) individual contact person
4) IL Department of Revenue tax account number (IBT Number) if you have one
How and When to Pay:
If you are an existing business in the State of Illinois with an IBT number, and you regularly make payments to the State, you can include your sales at Pitchfork with your regular filings. There’s no need to make a separate payment using the coupon provided in the Participation Kit.
If you are not an existing business in the State of Illinois, don’t have an IBT number, or don’t make regular payments to the State, simply use the coupon above to remit payment within 10 days of the event as per the instructions on the coupon.
We’d love to hear about your experience after the event. Take our 3 question survey to let us know. You could win a free booth at an upcoming fair ✿