New York Participation Kit
Congratulations on your acceptance to Renegade Craft New York!
We are so excited to have you as a part of our community! Please read through our Participation Kit to get ready for the Fair. Please take a moment to click through and read each section, which has detailed and important information. We can’t wait to see you and what you’ve been making!
YOU'RE IN! SPREAD THE WORD!
Prior to the Fair, send us your questions and ideas via email to Info@RenegadeCraft.com. We will get back to you asap during regular working hours M-TH.
At The Fair
During the weekend of the Fair, you can find our team at our Info Booth located near the front entrance of Metropolitan Pavilion.
There is not an official check-in, but please feel free to pop by our Info Booth at anytime to say Hi, ask a question, share ideas, or meet the Renegade team.
We will have complimentary enamel pins and stickers available while supplies last.
Text or Call
You can also call or text our on-site crew on the Rc hotline phone. That number is: 312-723-5867.
☺︎ Meet our team here
- The Fair will be open 11 a.m. – 5 p.m. both days.
- This Fair will be held indoors.
- Service animals are welcome! Sorry, your adorable pets are not permitted.
Metropolitan Pavilion is located in Manhattan’s Chelsea neighborhood, on the first floor of a lofted space. Wood floors, white walls, and overhead light ~ this space is a blank space that comes alive with Renegade vendors’ and shoppers’ chic and inspiring energy.
The Metropolitan Pavilion is an elevated venue with ramp access from 18th Street.
Please feel free to contact us with any further accessibility questions you may have.
We produce all of our events with the health + safety of our community as our first priority, following local and national recommendations as our guide. Read our health + safety plan here.
❁ Rentals are closed.
Rental orders are due Friday, October 21.
WiFi can be purchased for $25 per device for the weekend. You can purchase WiFi in the rental form here.
To guarantee direct lighting on your display, we recommend bringing cordless/portable lights:
- For ambient lighting, we recommend this light ball, rechargeable globe or these string lights.
- For more direct light, we recommend this table lamp or this circular lamp.
- While we can’t offer electricity rentals, we found this portable power station that will offer you some juice throughout the weekend.
- If you’re looking for a dolly to help you load in and out, check out this folding hand truck.
PS – if you use these links to purchase we may earn a small commission.
Depending on which size booth you applied for, your footprint at the Fair measures 3’x6’ for a shared booth, 6’x6’’ for a full booth, or 6’x12′ for a double booth.
Please note that shared booths most typically are oriented with the shortest side facing the aisle. Please work with your booth partner and plan your setup and rental needs accordingly. Read more about shared booths below.
If you signed up for a shared booth, you will receive your booth mate’s contact information after curation, around October 31.
Shared Booth Setups
Please note that shared booths most typically are oriented with the shortest side facing the aisle. Shared booths in New York are 3′ wide x 6′ deep. Please work with your booth partner and plan accordingly so that shoppers can browse both of your setups. Read more on sharing a booth here.
Here are a handful of diagrams to give you some ideas on how you could set up a shared booth space. The diagrams are to scale, so please notice how the displays fit within the booth and how much space is available for attendees to browse both of your products.
Of special note: This fair has some dedicated half booths, where those vendors won’t be paired with a booth mate.
AT THE FAIR
Your Booth Assignment, the Roster, and Map will be posted after curation is complete, around October 31. Please keep an eye out for an email update from us!
Click the tile for your business on the Roster and make sure all looks great. Here you will find your:
- Booth Number
- Artist Profile
- Instagram Link
If you requested a corner placement in your application, we’ll try our best to accommodate your request, however corner placements are not guaranteed. Please see the map for your booth placement.
Of special note: This fair has some dedicated half booths, where those vendors won’t be paired with a booth mate. Dedicated half booths are #’s 1, 2, 5, 6, 7, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 32, and 33.
Saturday + Sunday Morning Load-In
Load-in will be staggered in 2 groups between 8 and 9 a.m. on Saturday. Sunday load-in begins at 9 a.m.
Group I / 8 – 8:30 a.m. – Booth Numbers 20-50 and 106-161
Group 2 / 8:30 – 9:00 a.m. – Booth Numbers 1-19 and 51-105
You will need to use the loading bay at 124 West 19th Street to unload and bring your things into the Metropolitan Pavilion.
Please note that the sidewalk must be kept clear at all times and no double parking is allowed. You will be able to unload your items and bring them into the loading bay, and then go park your car, but you are not allowed to drive your car into the loading bay.
If you have a trailer, you will not be allowed with your trailer west of the loading bay or near the residential entrance on the uptown side of the street. A staff member from the Metropolitan Pavilion will be onsite to help direct traffic as you unload.
If you rented tables, chairs, racks, or linens you will need to pick them up from the Rental Depot, located near our Info Booth towards the front entrance. They will be available during load-in.
- If you arrive earlier than your load-in time, you will not be permitted to enter the site. We are setting up and prepping for your arrival up to load in time and appreciate your patience!
- Please follow instructions from our load-in team, venue staff, and security.
- If driving, we suggest taking the first and closest parking space you can find and using a hand truck or cart to load in from your parking space to avoid traffic congestion. All vendors must load in through the back of the venue in the loading dock area.
- We will have a handful of hand trucks available for vendors to use for load-in and out. The hand trucks will be available on a first-come-first-served basis and will require a photo I.D. as collateral.
- Vendors are not permitted to spread out into empty booths outside of their assigned booth footprint. Please come see us at the Info Booth if you’d like to upgrade your booth size.
Street parking is hard to come by! Check out directions and parking recommendations here.
We strongly encourage vendors to carpool and utilize ride services when possible.
The venue will be secured and closed overnight; however, we encourage you to take anything valuable with you for the night!
If you do choose to leave your displays, merchandise, etc., please note that anything you leave overnight is done so at your own risk.
Doors will open to vendors promptly at 9 a.m. on Sunday, so please also keep this in mind when considering leaving anything overnight and not arriving by that time.
The venue and Renegade Craft Fair are not responsible for any damages or theft that may occur.
Breakdown begins at 5 p.m. Please do not pack up early unless it’s in case of an emergency.
Load-out will happen the same way as load-in. Help us make this a smooth and easy load-out by packing up your booth before bringing your car around.
Vendors are responsible for disposing of their own trash at the end of the night! Thank you for doing your part, we appreciate it.
In the event that an emergency situation does force Renegade Craft to evacuate the venue, we must do so in a calm and safe manner. The below information is to help you best prepare yourself and your team in case of evacuation.
We recommend you have a plan in place with the people working in your booth. Have each other’s contact info and designate a place to meet, this could be a vehicle or planned location ahead of time. The best course is to start a group text or email at the beginning of the day and stay in touch as needed. Look for the exit(s) closest and most convenient to access from to your booth.
If there is a possibility of evacuation due to weather, you will be warned as much in advance as possible, and we will keep you updated as decisions are being made both via email and text to contacts you provided prior to the event. Wait until weather has subsided before making your way back to the venue.
When you hear the evacuation (fire) alarm or are told to evacuate the building:
• Remain calm.
• Immediately shut down all hazardous operations.
• Leave quickly.
• You may take valuables such as cash boxes, tablets, computers or phones that are close at hand, but do not attempt to take large or heavy objects or any of your merchandise. And do not attempt to re-enter the building to retrieve forgotten items.
• Proceed as quickly as possible, but in an orderly manner. Do not push or shove. Hold handrails when you are walking on stairs.
• Go in one direction toward the nearest exit doors to your booth location. See map.
• Once out of the building, move away from the structure.
• Proceed to an assembly area nearest your exit across the street and away from the building. Please use crosswalks and do not block the roadway impeding emergency vehicle access.
• Remain in the assembly area and await further instruction from Renegade Staff, Venue Staff, Event Security, or Emergency Responders.
Emergency Assembly Areas
In the event of a building evacuation, all persons may assemble in the following areas:
• The primary areas are on the sidewalks along W. 18th and W. 19th Streets away from the venue to the east near 6th Avenue.
• If these locations are not available, alternative assembly areas will be designated by Renegade Staff, Venue Staff, Event Security, or Emergency Responders.
FOR YOUR BUSINESS
We have your credit card stored on file and will charge your booth fee on or shortly after October 24th. Thank you!
If you requested an upgraded corner placement and received one, we will charge your credit card on or after November 1.
If for any reason we’re unable to charge your card, we will send you an invoice. Thanks!
In the event you must cancel your participation:
- If you cancel before or on the cancellation deadline of October 21, we will not charge the booth fee. If you cancel your participation after the cancellation deadline of October 21 we can not offer a refund.
- The $50 application fee for each event canceled is nonrefundable.
- Once you cancel, you forfeit your spot in the Fair and you are not permitted to sell or trade your space.
Note: If participants have to cancel up to 5 days in advance due to testing positive for Covid, we can offer a refund or a credit towards a future event.
Our community has the power to create transformational change in our society! When preparing for Renegade, we encourage you to implement the below environmentally-sustainable practices into your setup. We understand there may be cost, privilege, and access barriers to some of these suggestions, but we appreciate you making changes whenever possible.
- Encourage your followers to walk, carpool, or use public transportation to get to the event.
- Avoid using single-use decor items, such as balloons, confetti, and plastic tablecloths. Opt for decor that you can reuse or repurpose into something else.
- For booth decor and printing, shop from local businesses rather than big box stores whenever possible.
- Utilize QR codes, dry-erase boards, blackboards, or other signage instead of handing out paper materials.
- Avoid handing out single-use items, such as plastic bags, paper receipts, or disposable serving-ware.
- If paper materials are needed, reduce the size and number of materials, print double-sided, or use recycled content paper.
- When you’re finished setting up, utilize public transportation to get to-and-from the event.
- Utilize containers that can be reused or recycled, and avoid individually wrapping your products.
- Monitor your use of electricity and turn off equipment at night or when not in use.
- Be mindful of disposing waste and follow recycling signage and guidelines.
- Bring your own reusable water bottles and refill where you can.
- Donate or give away anything you don’t need at the end of the event instead of trashing it.
- At the end of the event, make sure you leave nothing behind.
The following materials are required of all food vendors to participate in the event. Please submit your materials via this form as soon as possible and no later than Friday, October 21.
All Food Vendors (prepackaged and concessions)
- Certificate of General Liability Insurance, listing Renegade Craft Fair, Inc. as additionally insured at 420 W. Huron Street, Chicago, IL 60654.
- A Temporary Food Service Establishment Permit is required in order to sell concessions at our event if you do not already operate under either a Mobile Food Vendor’s License or Food Truck Permit to Operate.
An Important Note
Any risk in not providing the above documentation is assumed by the vendor and not Renegade Craft. We don’t know ahead of time whether or not an on-site inspection of our event will occur. Safety at our events is paramount, and it is on the individual vendor to remain compliant.
We’d love to hear about your experience after the Fair. Take our 3 question survey to let us know. You could win a free booth at an upcoming fair ✿