Brooklyn Participation Kit
Congratulations on your acceptance to Renegade Craft Brooklyn!
We are so excited to have you as a part of our community! Please read through our Participation Kit to get ready for the Fair. Please take a moment to click through and read each section, which has detailed and important information. We can’t wait to see you and what you’ve been making!
YOU'RE IN! SPREAD THE WORD!
Congrats, you’ve been accepted to Renegade Brooklyn!
Help spread the word and post these flyers to social media, embed on your website, blog, or email and tag @RenegadeCraft. Search Renegade Craft in gifs and add a sticker to your Story ☺︎
Prior to the Fair, send us your questions and ideas via email to Info@RenegadeCraft.com. We will get back to you asap during regular working hours M-TH.
At The Fair
During the weekend of the Fair, you can find our team at our Info Booth (see map).
There is not an official check-in, but please feel free to pop by our Info Booth at anytime to say Hi, ask a question, ask for assistance, share ideas, or meet the Renegade team.
We will have complimentary enamel pins and stickers available while supplies last.
Text or Call
You can also call or text our on-site crew on the Rc hotline phone. That number is: 312-723-5867.
☺︎ Meet our team here
venue + address:
Brooklyn, NY 11222
- The Fair will be open 11 a.m. – 5 p.m. both days.
- This Fair will be held outdoors, rain or shine!
- Leashed pets and service animals are welcome to join in on the fun!
2 Noble St. is an outdoor lot located on Brooklyn’s waterfront in Greenpoint with views of the Manhattan skyline.
The average temperature in mid-August is around 80°F with a chance of weather, so layers, a tent with weights, and weather-resistant booth set-ups are a must.
Parts of the pavement are rougher than others, so be prepared with your setup! If you’re local and able to check out the space beforehand, we always recommend to do so.
While this is our debut at this venue, Brooklyn is one of our longest-established Renegade cities (since 2005!), and we’re looking forward to returning with such a wonderful group of artists – including you!
We’re also excited to be setting up alongside the Gold Dust vintage market for the weekend, produced by Greenpointers.
This event is held outdoors at 2 Noble St. which is city lot that’s ground level and accessible via Noble St.
Please be advised that city streets and the lot may present obstacles for some disabled persons, such as uneven terrain, potholes, sewer grates, cobblestones, curbs, etc. Please feel free to contact us with any further accessibility questions you may have.
❁ Rentals are closed.
+ Canopy rentals are due by July 7.
+ Rental orders are due by July 21.
PS – We offer a “shared canopy” rental option for those in shared booths. We will pair you with another complementary vendor who has also rented a shared canopy. This is why the rental deadline is set before curation and being introduced to your boothmate ☺︎
You can also check out our booth supply recommendations if you’d like to browse more resources, such as displays, hand carts, lighting, power sources, and more!
WiFi is not available at this Fair. We recommend contacting your cellular service provider for a mobile hotspot, running offline sales, or this universal hotspot (though we cannot guarantee it is a good fit for everyone, please confirm with your cellular provider). In any case, please test your tech before the event.
At the Fair
If you rented tables, table linens, chairs, or clothing racks through us, you will need to pick them up from the Rental Depot located near our Info Booth. They will be available during load-in.
If you rented a tent, it will be set up and weighted by the rental company for you in your booth space. Please note that rented canopies don’t come with sidewalls, so come prepared for sun, rain, and other weather conditions as necessary.
Depending on which size booth you applied for, your footprint at the Fair measures 5’x10’ for a shared booth, 10’x10’ for a full booth, or 10’x20′ for a double booth.
Please note that shared booths most typically are oriented with the shortest side facing the aisle. Please work with your booth partner and plan your setup and rental needs accordingly. Read more about shared booths below.
If you are a mobile vendor, your set-up should be no larger than 5’ x 10’ and should be maneuverable throughout the venue.
If you signed up for a shared booth, you will receive your booth mate’s contact information after curation, around July 19.
Please get in touch with each other as soon as you are introduced to discuss your shared booth setup and rentals as needed.
Shared Booth Tent Rentals
We offer a “shared canopy” rental option for those in shared booths. We will pair you with another complementary vendor who has also rented a shared canopy. This is why the rental deadline is set before curation and being introduced to your boothmate ☺︎
Shared Booth Setups
Please note that shared booths most typically are oriented with the shortest side facing the aisle. Shared booths at this Fair are 5′ wide x 10′ deep. Please work with your booth partner and plan accordingly so that shoppers can browse both of your setups. Read more on sharing a booth here.
Here are a handful of diagrams to give you some ideas on how you could set up a shared booth space. The diagrams are to scale, so please notice how the displays fit within the booth and how much space is available for attendees to browse both of your products.
For outdoor venues, we encourage white tent tops as they allow for the most natural light, and won’t cast a color on your work. This is not a requirement, just a tip we recommend.
Weighing Your Tent
- Important! It is required for you to weigh your tent.
- Be sure to use a minimum of 40 pounds per leg and and securely fasten with a sturdy rope or heavy gauge zip-ties.
- Securing multiple tents together is not safe for anchoring.
- If your tent is not weighed properly, it can become like a giant kite and fly away, topple over, and potentially cause injury or damage to those people and booths around you. You are responsible for acting with the upmost safety at the event.
- Lowering one’s tent at night and covering all sides will help protect against wind and weather for overnight. An even safer practice is to remove the top and use it to tarp your displays, eliminating all possibility for wind to lift your tent or canopy, or for it to collapse under severe wind or rain.
If you rent a tent through Renegade, our production company will ensure that the tent has the proper weights and setup. Please note that rented canopies don’t come with sidewalls so come prepared for sun, rain, wind, etc.
The waterfront can be especially windy at times, so please make sure you’re prepared for all types of weather and elements.
AT THE FAIR
Your Booth Assignment, the Roster, and Map will be posted after curation is complete, around July 19. Please keep an eye out for an email update from us!
Click the tile for your business on the Roster and make sure all looks great. Here you will find your:
- Booth Number
- Artist Profile
- Instagram Link
If you requested a corner placement in your application, we tried our best to accommodate your request, however corner placements are not guaranteed. Please see the map for your booth placement.
Load-in will begin at 7 a.m. on Saturday and at 8 a.m. on Sunday.
Each load in group will be given 30 minutes to unload into their booth spaces and move their vehicles to find parking before setting up. You will have until 11 a.m. to set up your booth.
Vendors should approach the waterfront from the south on West Street or from the east on Noble Street. Once west of West Street on Noble Street look for load-in/traffic directors to guide you to the appropriate load-in spot close to the site plan.
Saturday’s Load-In Assignments
Group 1 / 7–7:30 a.m.: Booths 19-26, 47-58, & any booths without numbers
Group 2 / 7:30–8 a.m.: Booths 1-18, 27-36, & 79-84
Group 3 / 8–8:30 a.m.: Booths 27-68
Group 4 / 8:30–9 a.m.: Booths 69-104
Other Load in Options
To avoid traffic and congestion within the site plan, we suggest taking the first parking space you can find nearest to the fair and use a hand truck or cart to load in from there.
- If you arrive earlier than your load-in time, you will not be permitted to enter the site. We are setting up and prepping for your arrival up to load in time and appreciate your patience!
- All cars must exit immediately after dropping your items to find parking before setting up.
- We will have a limited number of hand trucks available to use and will require a photo I.D. as collateral. You can pick these up at the rental depot located near our Info Booth.
- Vendors are not permitted to spread out into empty booths outside of their assigned booth footprint. Please come see us at the Info Booth if you’d like to upgrade your booth size.
- This venue is open to the public walking around during set up so please keep that in mind, and be ready for customers ready to shop at 11 a.m. each day.
If you rented tables, table linens, chairs, or clothing racks through us, you will need to pick them up from the Rental Depot located near the Info Booth during load-in.
If you rented a tent, it will be set up and weighted by the rental company for you in your booth space.
After loading in, you can find paid street parking in the area, but it can be hard to come by and is not guaranteed. Please mind all posted signage.
We strongly encourage vendors to carpool and utilize ride services when possible.
We have some security staying overnight at the siteplan, but we strongly encourage you to take your merchandise and anything valuable with you for the night.
If you choose to leave your displays, merchandise, etc., please note that anything you leave overnight is done so at your own risk. Renegade Craft Fair will not be responsible for any damages or theft that may occur.
Keep an eye on what the weather will be like overnight and on Sunday morning. If you bring your own tent, lowering it at night and covering all sides will help protect against wind and weather. An even safer practice is to remove the top and use it to tarp your displays, eliminating all possibility for wind to lift your tent or canopy, or for it to collapse under severe wind or rain.
Breakdown begins at 5 p.m. on both days. Please do not pack up early unless it’s an emergency.
If you’re taking things with you on Saturday night, you will be allowed to pull up to the gate just outside of the site plan, but not as close as you may during load-in.
On Sunday, load-out will happen the same way as load-in. You will have to wait until 6:30 to drive on to the site plan, so you may want to cart your items to your car outside of the gate if needed.
Help us make this a smooth and easy load-out by packing up your booth before bringing your car around.
Vendors are responsible for disposing of their own trash at the end of the night! Thank you for doing your part, we appreciate it.
In the event that an emergency situation does force Renegade Craft to evacuate the event, we must do so in a calm and safe manner. The below information is to help you best prepare yourself and your team in case of evacuation.
We recommend you have a plan in place with the people working in your booth. Have each other’s contact info and designate a place to meet, this could be a vehicle or planned location ahead of time. The best course is to start a group text or email at the beginning of the day and stay in touch as needed. Look for the exit(s) closest and most convenient to access from to your booth.
If there is a possibility of evacuation due to weather, you will be warned as much in advance as possible, and we will keep you updated as decisions are being made both via email and/or text to contacts you provided prior to the event. Wait until weather has subsided before making your way back to the event.
When evacuating the event:
• Remain calm.
• Immediately shut down all hazardous operations.
• Leave quickly.
• You may take valuables such as cash boxes, tablets, computers or phones that are close at hand, but do not attempt to take large or heavy objects or any of your merchandise. Do not attempt to re-enter the event to retrieve forgotten items.
• Proceed as quickly as possible away from the event, but in an orderly manner. Do not push or shove. Hold handrails when you are walking on stairs.
• Go in one direction toward the nearest assembly area(s). See map.• Do not block roadways that emergency vehicles might use.
• Remain in the assembly area and await further instruction from Renegade Staff, Venue Staff, Event Security, or Emergency Responders.
Emergency Assembly Areas
In the event of an evacuation, all persons may assemble in the following area:
All persons should head east on Noble Street away from the waterfront and turn left on West Street heading north. There you will find many businesses including a small shopping area at 67 West where shelter from any severe weather can be found.
If these locations are not available, alternative assembly areas may be designated by Renegade Staff, Venue Staff, Event Security, or Emergency Responders.
FOR YOUR BUSINESS
We have your credit card stored on file and will charge your booth fee on or shortly after July 11. Thank you!
If you requested an upgraded corner placement and received one, we will charge your credit card on or after July 19.
If for any reason we’re unable to charge your card, we will send you an invoice. Thanks!
In the event you must cancel your participation:
- If you cancel on or before the cancellation deadline of July 7, we will not charge the booth fee. If you cancel your participation after the cancellation deadline of July 7, we cannot offer a refund.
- The $50 application fee for each event canceled is nonrefundable.
- Once you cancel, you forfeit your spot in the Fair and you are not permitted to sell or trade your space.
The following materials are required of all food vendors to participate in the event. Please submit your materials via this form as soon as possible and no later than Friday, July 7.
All Food Vendors:
Certificate of General Liability Insurance, listing Renegade Craft Fair, Inc. as additionally insured at 420 W. Huron Street, Chicago, IL 60654.
Trucks or Pushcarts Only:
An Important Note:
Any risk in not providing the above documentation is assumed by the vendor and not Renegade Craft. We don’t know ahead of time whether or not an on-site inspection of our event will occur. Safety at our events is paramount, and it is on the individual vendor to remain compliant. For questions about health and safety requirements and permitting, please contact the NYC Health Department.
Our community has the power to create transformational change in our society! When preparing for Renegade, we encourage you to implement the below environmentally-sustainable practices into your setup. We understand there may be cost, privilege, and access barriers to some of these suggestions, but we appreciate you making changes whenever possible.
- Encourage your followers to walk, carpool, or use public transportation to get to the event.
- Avoid using single-use decor items, such as balloons, confetti, and plastic tablecloths. Opt for decor that you can reuse or repurpose into something else.
- For booth decor and printing, shop from local businesses rather than big box stores whenever possible.
- Utilize QR codes, dry-erase boards, blackboards, or other signage instead of handing out paper materials.
- Avoid handing out single-use items, such as plastic bags, paper receipts, or disposable serving-ware.
- If paper materials are needed, reduce the size and number of materials, print double-sided, or use recycled content paper.
- When you’re finished setting up, utilize public transportation to get to-and-from the event.
- Utilize containers that can be reused or recycled, and avoid individually wrapping your products.
- Monitor your use of electricity and turn off equipment at night or when not in use.
- Be mindful of disposing waste and follow recycling signage and guidelines.
- Bring your own reusable water bottles and refill where you can.
- Donate or give away anything you don’t need at the end of the event instead of trashing it.
- At the end of the event, make sure you leave nothing behind.
We’d love to hear about your experience after the Fair. Take our survey to let us know. You could win a free booth at an upcoming fair ✿