Brooklyn Participation Kit
Congratulations on your acceptance to Renegade Craft Brooklyn!
We are so excited to have you as a part of our community! Please read through our Participation Kit to get ready for the Fair. Please take a moment to click through and read each section, which has detailed and important information. We can’t wait to see you and what you’ve been making!
We produce all of our events with the health + safety of our community as our first priority, following local and national mandates and recommendations as our guide, including the guidance and considerations for organizing events published by the Centers for Disease Control.
Because guidelines are rapidly changing, we will continue to update our health + safety protocols as needed leading up to the event. These measures may be updated at any time, without advance notice.
Last updated Friday, October 15 at 1 p.m. est.
Steps we’re taking to help keep everyone safe
- Vaccination Requirement
- Per State mandate, all staff, vendors, and attendees over the age of 12 must provide proof that they have received at least one dose of the vaccination against COVID-19.
- You can show proof of vaccination using a vaccination card, a photo of your vaccination card, or a digital vaccine record – along with a valid ID for people 18+.
- Proof of a negative Covid test is not an acceptable substitute for proof of vaccination per the State’s mandate to participate in or attend the event.
- Mask requirement
- face coverings are required for everyone when not actively eating or drinking over the age of 3 regardless of vaccination status. Masks with exhaust vents aren’t permitted.
- Pre-event communications with participants + attendees:
- health + safety information in our participation kits and emails to participants.
- health + safety information on our fair webpage and pre-event email to attendees.
- health + safety information in our social media promotions of the event.
- Signage posted at event
- signage that outlines requirements to enter the event, and promotes everyday protective measures and how to stop the spread placed at highly visible locations.
- Monitor Capacity
- We will have security located at the entrance to monitor and control venue capacity as needed.
- Sanitization + cleaning
- hand sanitizer and hash washing stations onsite.
- extra maintenance measures in place for high contact spaces.
- Social distancing efforts
- respect social distancing.
- Health precautions and screenings for our staff
- our staff is fully vaccinated
- our staff will take a covid test within 72 hours of each event
- temperature checks for our staff each setup and event day
- our staff will wear masks
- we will have a team safety coordinator onsite to field questions
The safety of all Event participants and attendees is paramount. If accepted to participate in the Event, Participant (and its employees, representatives, and contractors) will act with the highest regard for the safety of the attendees and other participants of the Event. RCF cannot guarantee that its Event participants, volunteers, partners, or others in attendance will not become infected with COVID-19, its variants, or any other infectious disease.
Your participation at the Event is voluntary, and you knowingly accept all risks, including health risks, related to illness and infectious diseases, such as COVID-19, even if arising from the negligence or fault of another party. By participating in the Event, you agree to assume all risk.
By entering Renegade Craft Fair, you are confirming that you and all people in your group:
- are not experiencing any of the following symptoms of COVID-19 identified by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, including:
- Fever or chills
- Shortness of breath or difficulty breathing
- Muscle or body aches
- New loss of taste or smell
- Sore throat
- Congestion or runny nose
- Nausea or vomiting
- have not been in contact with someone with confirmed or suspected COVID-19 symptoms without completing a 10-day quarantine
Individuals who cannot confirm all of the above criteria must not enter Renegade Craft Fair.
By entering Renegade Craft Fair, you acknowledge that you understand and will abide by the above health and safety requirements, and you agree to assume all risks.
View more Health + Safety information and precautions we’re taking here.
- Vaccination Requirement
- This Fair will be held indoors.
- Service animals are welcome! Sorry, your adorable pets are not permitted.
The Brooklyn Expo Center is accessible via a short ramp off of the Noble Street entrance.
Please feel free to contact us with any further accessibility questions you may have.
Prior to the Fair, send us your questions and ideas via email to Info@RenegadeCraft.com. We will get back to you asap during regular working hours M-F.
During the weekend of the Fair, you can find our team at our Info Booth located near the entrance. Please feel free to pop by our Info Booth at anytime to say Hi and meet our team!
You can also call or text our on-site crew on the Rc hotline phone. That number is: 312-723-5867.
We will have complimentary enamel pins available while supplies last.
Depending on which size booth you applied for, your footprint at the Fair measures 4’x8’ for a shared booth, 8’x8’’ for a full booth, or 8’x16′ for a double booth.
Please note that shared booths most typically are oriented with the shortest side facing the aisle. Please work with your booth partner and plan your setup and rental needs accordingly.
If you signed up for a shared booth, we’ll send you your boothmate’s name & contact information soon. Stay tuned!
Please note that shared booths most typically are oriented with the shortest side facing the aisle. Shared booths in Brooklyn are 4′ wide x 8′ deep. Please work with your booth partner and plan accordingly.
Head here to reserve rental items, including tables, chairs, garment racks, and table linens. All rental orders are due by Sunday, 11/14.
If you need to have access to some power during the event, we found this portable power station that will offer you some juice throughout the weekend.
PS – if you use this link we may receive a small commission.
AT THE FAIR
Booth Assignments will be announced soon, once curation is complete. Stay tuned! You’ll receive another email in the coming weeks once this Participation Kit is updated.
We’ll be posting our Roster for the Fair to our website soon where you can find your booth number, you’re in great company!
Friday Early Load-In
We are excited to offer free early load-in on Friday, 12/3 between 3–5pm, no RSVP required. We strongly recommend taking advantage of Friday load-in to make Saturday morning a breeze.
Saturday + Sunday Morning
Load-in will be staggered in 2 groups between 8 and 9 a.m. on Saturday. Each group will have plenty of time to load into their assigned booth locations and will have until 11 a.m. to setup. Load-in begins at 9 a.m. on Sunday.
Please note that if you arrive earlier than the times above, you will not be allowed to load in and begin setting up. Please be set-up by 11 a.m. both days to greet early shoppers.
Load-in groups and more detailed instructions coming soon!
- Please follow instructions from our load-in team, venue staff, and security.
- All vendors will need to provide proof of vaccination before loading in per State mandate. The checkpoint will be located inside the main entrance during load-in on Friday and Saturday.
- If driving, we suggest taking the first and closest parking space you can find and using a hand truck or cart to load in from your parking space to avoid traffic congestion.
- We will have a handful of hand trucks available for vendors to use for load-in and out. The hand trucks will be available on a first-come-first-served basis and will require a photo I.D. as collateral.
- If you rented tables, chairs, racks, or linens you will need to pick them up from the Rental Depot, located near our Info Booth. They will be available during load-in. Please return them to the rental depot while loading out on Sunday evening.
Street parking is hard to come by! Some free street parking is available in the neighborhood. Please mind all posted signage including street cleaning times for limitations on days and hours.
We strongly encourage vendors to carpool and utilize ride services when possible.
The venue will be secured and closed overnight; however, we encourage you to take anything valuable with you for the night!
If you do choose to leave your displays, merchandise, etc., please note that anything you leave overnight is done so at your own risk.
Doors will open to vendors promptly at 9 a.m. on Sunday, so please also keep this in mind when considering leaving anything overnight.
The venue and Renegade Craft Fair are not responsible for any damages or theft that may occur.
Breakdown begins at 5 p.m. Please do not pack up early!
Load-out will happen the same way as load-in. Help us make this a smooth and easy load-out by packing up your booth before bringing your car around.
Vendors are responsible for disposing of their own trash at the end of the night! Thank you for doing your part, we appreciate it.
FOR YOUR BUSINESS
We have your credit card stored on file and will charge your booth fee on Friday, November 12. Thank you!
In the event you must cancel your participation:
- If you cancel your participation up to 22 days before the event, we will not charge the booth fee for that event.
- If you cancel your participation 21 days or less prior to the event, then we can not offer a refund.
- The $50 application fee for each event canceled is nonrefundable.
- Once you cancel, you forfeit your spot in the Fair and you are not permitted to sell or trade your space.
Note: If you cancel up to 2 days in advance of the event due to concerns over COVID-19 we are able to refund the booth fees you paid in 2021, or carry a credit forward to another event.