Social Media Style Guide
Thank You for Capturing the Fair!
To help you navigate the Fair and best capture the Renegade experience, we have created this handy style guide. Please read through and feel free to direct any Pre-Fair questions to our Social Media + Content Manager. Onsite at the Fair, our Creative Lead is your point of contact and will provide oversight throughout the weekend. Please note, the Creative Lead has ultimate control of what’s posted on social, so be sure to check in with them before posting. When you arrive at the Fair, please check-in at our Info Booth to meet our Event Operations Manager and Creative Lead.
- Renegade requires 4 posts throughout a Fair day. The first post to welcome attendees must go up before 11 am, and the last within the final hour of the Fair.
- Also required are 5 – 10 Instagram stories throughout each day, please reference our ‘2018 Vibes’ highlight on the Renegade Instagram Account for an idea of what we expect to see. A good mix of videos, photos, and boomerangs make for a dynamic story. Feel free to use content that didn’t make it on the feed for stories!
- If you have been briefed on specific participants to feature, please use pre-approved copy. In any case, please approve copy and creative with our onsite Creative Lead before posting.
- Always ask for permission from vendors and attendees when taking a photo where they are prominently featured. Be sure to note a vendor’s social handle when you photograph their work or booth, so you can tag them when posting.
- Our goal is to feature visually appealing images that engage and inspire, to capture the Fair experience and our mission of leading and uplifting artists, and to reflect the Fair’s city. To do so, we encourage you to enjoy the Fair, shop around, and take part in the good vibes!
- Focus on the Fair’s unique offerings and capturing the Fair’s experience for both vendors and attendees. We love to see the candid moments as well as stylized shots.
Thank you, we are so excited to see the Fair come to life on social. For the weekend, have this list handy and feel free to ask the onsite Creative Lead for guidance!
Seek out spots where you are able to capture the crowd before the event if possible.
Ask for permission before taking someone’s photo.
Make sure your phone is fully charged! Bring a portable charger if you have one.
Always tag the participant you are featuring in both the post + caption.
Capture our diverse and inclusive audience.
Use the Fair’s hashtag.
Use fun emojis in captions.
Add the Fair’s location to every post.
Capture dynamic and beautiful booth displays.
Represent the diverse amount of products and activities at the Fair.
Consider the whole experience – for vendors, attendees, and our online following – when capturing the Fair.
Remember that you are representing Renegade, and to be respectful towards vendors and attendees.
Feel free to ask the onsite Creative Lead for direction or help–we’re excited to collaborate and work with you!
Do not post or capture photos that make the Fair look empty–we want to reflect our bustling and alive event.
Do not post vendors or guests facing away from the camera, especially when it comes to customer interactions.
Do not credit yourself as the photographer if you are being compensated to run our account.
Do not ask for discounts from vendors, or barter a post for free product.
Do not worry about replying to comments–our staff will handle this.
Use your creative eye to capture the bustling crowds and breadth of the event
We love seeing participants with their work, setup, and style
Feel free to ask stylish shoppers to photograph their ‘fits
Extraordinary Booth Displays
Capture exceptional booth displays, being sure to get the best angle possible
*Keep in mind that for our website, we typically use square images that showcase the whole booth
At the heart of Renegade is products that are independently designed and crafted
Experiential + Installations
Photograph workshops, DJs, art installations, seating installations, and anything interactive
Attendee + Participant Interactions
We love to see the connections Makers and shoppers create at our fairs
Artisanal Food Shots
Grab a bite from a food truck or concessionaire – including prepackaged goods, stands, carts, and desserts – and style it pretty
Our Fairs are in beautiful, often historic, venues and we love to see how Renegade looks within those spaces
We love seeing the Fair’s atmosphere, with a focus on pretty light and architectural elements
Capture the sunshine and good vibes at our outdoor Fairs, including the food trucks parked, and crowds lined up to taste test