Social Media Style Guide
To help you navigate the Fair and best capture the Renegade experience, we have created this handy style guide. Please read through and feel free to direct any Pre-Fair questions to our Social Media + Content Manager. Onsite at the Fair, our Creative Lead is your point of contact and will provide oversight throughout the weekend. Please note, the Creative Lead has ultimate control of what’s posted on social, so be sure to check in with them before posting.
- Renegade requires 4 posts throughout a Fair day. The first post should go up at 11 am sharp, and the last within the final hour of the Fair.
- Also required are 5 – 10 Instagram stories throughout each day, please reference our ‘2018 Vibes’ highlight on the Renegade Instagram Account for an idea of what we expect to see. A good mix of videos, photos, and boomerangs make for a dynamic story.
- If you have been briefed on specific participants to feature, please use pre-approved copy. In any case, please approve copy and creative with our onsite Creative Lead before posting.
- Always ask for permission before taking someone’s photo.
- Our goal is to feature visually appealing images that engage and inspire, to capture the Fair experience and our mission of leading and uplifting handmade, and to reflect the Fair’s city. To do so, we encourage you to enjoy the Fair, shop around, and take part in the good vibes!
- Focus on the Fair’s unique offerings and capturing the Fair’s experience for both vendors and attendees. We love to see the candid moments as well as stylized shots.
Thank you, we are so excited to see the Fair come to life on social. For the weekend, have this list handy and feel free to ask the onsite Creative Lead for guidance!
Some Fairs offer opportunities to capture our bustling crowds, use your creative eye to show how many come out to support handmade.
Vendor Portraits + Shoppers
Feel free to ask stylish shoppers and vendors to pose!
Extraordinary Booth Displays
Makers and shoppers love seeing exceptional booth displays–just make sure it’s the best angle you can get. *For our website, we typically use square images that showcase the full booth.
Renegade is jam-packed with stunning products that are independently designed and crafted. Be sure to capture them!
Experientials + Installations
Capture workshops, DJs, art installations, or anything exciting or interactive!
Shopper + Maker Interactions
We love promoting the one-on-one connections makers and shoppers share at our fairs.
Eats + Treats
Food trucks, pre-packaged goodies, delicious drinks, crowds lining up for treats, you name it!
Our venues are situated in beautiful settings. Make sure to take some time to capture the neighborhood and any noteworthy vistas.
We’d love to see cute candid shots of everyone enjoying the fair.
Sponsors are a cornerstone of our fairs. Capture attendees enjoying the array of activations, as well as the larger set-up. Feel free to grab a Renegade staffer to help point out which booths are sponsored.
Do’s & Don’ts:
Ask for permission before taking someone’s photo.
Always tag the participant you are featuring in both the post + caption.
Use the Fair’s hashtag (#Renegade[CITY]).
Use fun emojis in captions.
Add the Fair’s location to every post.
Capture dynamic and beautiful booth displays.
Represent the diverse amount of products and activities at the Fair.
Take time to look through Renegade’s Instagram and Flickr to get an idea of our vibe.
Remember that you are representing Renegade, and to be respectful towards vendors and attendees.
Feel free to ask the onsite Creative Lead for direction or help–we’re excited to collaborate and work with you!
Do not post or capture photos that make the Fair look empty–we want to reflect our bustling and alive event.
Do not credit yourself as the photographer if you are being compensated to run our account.
Do not ask for discounts from vendors, or barter a post for free product.