Photography Style Guide
To help you navigate the Fair and best capture the Renegade experience, we have created this handy style guide. Please read through and feel free to direct any Pre-Fair questions to our Social Media + Content Manager. Onsite at the Fair, our Creative Lead is your point of contact and will provide oversight throughout the weekend.
- Renegade requests approximately 150 – 200 of your best images from the Fair weekend (and additional shots if we have asked for specific photos). Please capture mostly horizontal and some vertical shots.
- Always ask for permission from vendors and attendees when taking a photo where they are prominently featured.
- Our goal is to capture appealing images that engage and inspire, to reflect the Fair experience and our mission of leading and uplifting handmade, and to illuminate the uniqueness of the Fair’s city. To do so, we encourage you to enjoy the Fair, shop around, and take part in the good vibes!
- Focus on photographing the Fair’s offerings and capturing the Fair’s experience for both vendors and attendees. We love to see the candid moments as well as stylized shots.
- While we love vendor portraits, we prefer them to be candid and interactive rather than posed and framed.
Thank you, we are so excited to see the Fair come to life through your images. For your time photographing, have this list handy and feel free to ask the onsite Creative Lead for guidance!
|PHOTOGRAPHY SHOT LIST|
|Extraordinary Booth Displays||Attendees|
|Experientials + Installations||Beautiful Products|
|Artisanal Food Shots||Attendee + Participant Interactions|
Ask for permission before taking someone’s photo.
Capture dynamic and beautiful booth displays.
Represent the diverse amount of products and activities at the Fair.
Take time to look through Renegade’s Instagram and Flickr to get an idea of our vibe and aesthetic.
Remember that you are representing Renegade, and to be respectful towards vendors and attendees.
Feel free to ask the onsite Creative Lead for direction or help–we’re excited to collaborate and work with you!
Do not post or capture photos that make the Fair look empty–we want to reflect our bustling and alive event.
Do not ask for discounts from vendors.
Use your creative eye to capture the bustling crowds and breadth of the event
We love seeing participants with their work, setup, and style
Feel free to ask stylish shoppers to photograph their ‘fits
Extraordinary Booth Displays
Capture exceptional booth displays, being sure to get the best angle possible
*Keep in mind that for our website, we typically use square images that showcase the whole booth
At the heart of Renegade is products that are independently designed and crafted
Experiential + Installations
Photograph workshops, DJs, art installations, seating installations, and anything interactive
Attendee + Participant Interactions
We love to see the connections Makers and shoppers create at our fairs
Artisanal Food Shots
Grab a bite from a food truck or concessionaire – including prepackaged goods, stands, carts, and desserts – and style it pretty
We want to see how Renegade transformed the venue: show off our unique activations (seating areas, installations, experiential activities), surrounding area and wayfinding signs, and Renegade Craft flags
Be sure to photograph the bar and drinks
Our Fairs are in beautiful, often historic, venues and we love to see how Renegade looks within those spaces
Capture attendees enjoying our sponsors’ activations, installations, and offerings
*Feel free to ask a Renegade staffer to help point out sponsored activations
We love seeing the Fair’s atmosphere, with a focus on pretty light and architectural elements
Capture the sunshine and good vibes at our outdoor Fairs, including the food trucks parked, and crowds lined up to taste test