Participant Frequently Asked Questions
Please see below for our Participant Frequently Asked Questions!
Participant Frequently Asked Questions
- What's a Virtual Fair, anyway?
- Application window and notification dates
- What should I do with my live time?
- Participation Categories
- Jury Criteria
- Do I need to live in a certain city?
- Application Fee / Participation Fee / Payments
- What happens to my Portal after the Virtual Fair ends?
- Refund + Cancellation Policies
- How can sponsors get involved?
- Is your question not listed here?
What's a Virtual Fair, anyway?
For more information on how we landed on hosting a Virtual Fair, head here.
Application window and notification dates
Notifications will be sent on the following dates, and then on a rolling basis as needed.
• May 1 + 2: April 22 - April 26. Notifications April 27.
• May 8 + 9: April 22 - May 4. Notifications May 5.
• May 15 + 16: April 22 - May 11. Notifications May 12.
• May 22 + 23: April 22 - May 18. Notifications May 19.
• May 29 + 30: April 22 - May 25. Notifications May 26.
What should I do with my live time?
Just like our non-virtual Fairs, your creativity is what will breathe life into the event – go live with any kind of activation you can dream up! Sky’s the limit. Even further than the sky! Think of it as a way to connect with visitors and other creatives just like the Fairs, without the spatial limits of a booth. Do you use natural dyes to create beautiful textiles? Show us how to extract that beautiful color! Are you a yoga teacher and nutritionist on the side? Teach us your favorite poses then walk us through a recipe! Your live time can be whatever you want it to be.
Camera shy? No worries! There are still opportunities for you. Your live time can be an aerial shot of you making products, a look into your process, or a close up of your hands working. Show us how you load a kiln, wrap a loom, screen print, sew a bag, anything – we’d love to see into your creative process!
Please note, while we encourage you to go live for the entire Fair (4 hours total, 2 hours each day), it is not required for participation. You are welcome to use prerecorded content, or go live on Friday and reuse that content for Saturday.
Participation is open to creatives of all stripes! We are looking to curate dynamic, beautiful, and interactive Virtual Fairs that offers unique livestream activations, experiences, performances, workshops, and anything in between. Sky’s the limit on what you can do to engage a wide online audience!
Renegade Craft Virtual Fair is a juried event and we review each application carefully and thoughtfully. We base our vision for the Fair on the jury criteria below:
ONLINE + LIVE PRESENCE
Your online presence is aesthetically appealing, consistent, cohesive, and well-designed. Your proposed vision for your live time showcases your creativity and bolsters engagement with virtual visitors.
Creatives selling work as part of their participation will be juried using our Fair criteria.
Do I need to live in a certain city?
We welcome applications (and visitors!) from around the world! The beauty of a Virtual Fair is that you don’t need to be in any one city to participate, but can be wherever home is for you. Just make sure the timezones work for you, and that you are able to ship internationally, if necessary.
Application Fee / Participation Fee / Payments
For our Virtual Fair series, we are offering participation on a sliding scale basis of Pay-What-You-Can between $50 - $250 for Friday and Saturday.
Whatever amount you are able to contribute is greatly appreciated, and will help Renegade stay afloat and allow for our platform of uplifting artists to survive. ❤︎
• There is a $5 application fee upfront that covers the processing + jurying of your application.
• The amount you decide to contribute will be charged only upon acceptance.
• The amount you decide on does not affect your application in any way.
• The payment information you provide for the application fee will be stored on Authorize.net, our secure payments system. If you are accepted to the Virtual Fair, we will send an email notification to your provided email address and will charge the card on file with your chosen participation amount within 48 hours.
• Should you not be accepted to the Fair, your card will not be charged for any additional fees.
• Payment info is periodically deleted from our payments system, in accordance with PCI compliance.
What happens to my Portal after the Virtual Fair ends?
Since we have Virtual Fairs every weekend from April 24+24 to May 29+30, rosters and artist Portals are available for a week (Tuesday–Tuesday). Be sure your non-livestream links are working so visitors can interact with your Portals before and after the Fair.
Refund + Cancellation Policies
Before you cancel, please note you do not need to go live or be present to participate in the Virtual Fair! If you now have a conflict, just contact us to remove your live link, and you can still participate by allowing visitors to shop your website. If you must cancel your participation entirely, we will promptly remove your Portal from the Virtual Fair page. We cannot refund participation or application fees due to the quick turnaround and our limited resources. Thank you for your understanding!
How can sponsors get involved?
Virtual Fair Sponsors can position themselves in front of our engaged fanbase by producing live and/or video content, collaborating with artists/influencers, social media and/or email campaigns, custom banners, logo inclusions and more. How does your brand shine online? Join Us! →