Virtual Fair Participation Kit
Congratulations on your acceptance to the Renegade Craft Virtual Fair on May 8 + 9!
We are so excited to have you as a part of our creative community! We put together this handy Participation Kit for you to get ready for the Fair. Please take a moment to click through the detailed and important information.
Please click here to visit the homepage for this Fair, and share your participation with your friends and fans!
Send us your questions and ideas through our contact form! We’ll email you back asap.
PROMOTE YOUR PARTICIPATION
We’re so excited about our new Virtual Fairs, and hope you are too! Over the years, Renegade has grown through grassroots support, and now more than ever we need our community’s (your!) help in getting the word out about the Fair. Know that your promotion of the Fair will have a direct impact on its success! Shout it from your rooftops (everyone’s home, after all)! Post it on your social! Print the eflyer and tape it to your window! Send a newsletter! Tell your friends and family! Spread! The! Word!
Use the Eflyer and assets in the toggles below to promote your participation.
Please pin RenegadCraft.com/Virtual or @RenegadeCraft to your livestream during the Fair! Be sure to shout out the Fair in your livestream, and let your audience know about all the cool small businesses that are participating!
During the Fair, please add RenegadeCraft.com/Virtual to your bio and create an Instagram story with a swipe up to the Fair link! If your platform allows for it, please add the Virtual Fair to your description.
We love to see what you’ve been up to in preparation for the Virtual Fair–share your #RenegadeProcess with us, we always repost our faves. Be sure to use our hashtags when promoting your involvement in the Fair, so we can find your post! Follow us on Instagram, Twitter, Pinterest, Flickr and Facebook @RenegadeCraft.
#RenegadeCraft ~ #RcVirtual ~ #RenegadeProcess
Tweet, DM, and share our Facebook Event with your community! Anyone you think we should be talking to or advertising with? Let us know in the Contact Form below!
TECH + TROUBLESHOOTING
We urge you to research and test your livestream platform and troubleshoot any issues before the Fair. Keep in mind that the Virtual Fair will be experienced by visitors on desktop and mobile. Read on for more information!
- Instagram Live (and possibly other platforms) only gives you one shot to download your live video! After you end your livestream, a window will pop-up saying “Live Video Ended,” please hit the download button on the top left to save the video! We’d love to share it after the Fair has ended, and can only do so if you save it. You can submit any videos to us after the Fair. We’ll email you directions on how to do so, so please keep an eye on your inbox!
- Note that IG Live ends livestreams after one hour. Please remember to save that first hour, before starting a new livestream! We like to think of that break as an “intermission.”
We encourage you to livestream for the full two hours each day (four hours in total), but it is not required. Please note that your livestream link will still be active and available on the website, even if you’re not live. You are welcome to use Friday’s content for Saturday’s time, or prerecorded content.
We researched and compiled information for you on Pros + Cons of Livestream Platforms. Please read carefully and understand each platform has its own capabilities and limitations.
- Instagram https://help.instagram.com/370569449686414
- Facebook Live https://www.facebook.com/help/publisher/1680276075344587
- YouTube https://support.google.com/youtube/?hl=en#topic=9257498
- Twitch https://help.twitch.tv/s/contactsupport?language=en_US
- Vimeo https://vimeo.zendesk.com/hc/en-us
- Google Hangouts https://support.google.com/hangouts/?hl=en#topic=6386410
- YouNow https://www.younow.com/Support
If you are having technical difficulties during the Fair and need to change platforms or update your link, please let us know via the Contact Form. We’ll be sure to sort it out for you ASAP!
- Before the Fair, test your platform by livestreaming to your followers. Let them know you’re participating in the Fair, and about the Fair itself while getting into the hang of answering questions and the livestream experience.
- Feel free to click around the Virtual Fair page and familiarize yourself with how it works, so you know how to refer visitors to your page when the time comes. Your Portal will become available when the roster is updated on Wednesday!
Check in on Wednesday to see the Roster and your artist Portal! When it goes live, be sure to review your Portal, and make sure everything looks a-ok including your icon, business name, bio, website, and Instagram.
Remind your audience that your business bio, website, and Instagram are located on the Renegade Craft website. Renegade reserves the right to select roster images and photos provided by the links submitted in your Participation Application.
EXCELLING AT THE VIRTUAL FAIR
This is an exciting opportunity to engage with a broad audience in a number of ways! Share a behind-the-scenes look at your studio or home while creating the products we all know and love, or provide a totally different way to engage with our community through digital connection.
We’ve come up with a few tips that can help you make the most of your participation.
Expect an ebb and flow of visitors to your Portal. Throughout your live time, engage with your audience and make sure to remind them who you are and answer any questions or comments. Community engagement is extremely important in building a connection with your visitors. This is your chance to make a lasting impression on a large audience, which often leads to future online sales, wholesale orders, editorial features, and other amazing opportunities.
Are you interested in being a featured maker in our digital goodie bag? These “bags” will be emailed to Renegade supporters of the Virtual Fair the week following the event. If yes, submit your unique Rc promo code by the Sunday after the Fair and we’ll share it with supporters.
Rc Staff Contact Information
Throughout the fair, we’ll be monitoring our trusty Contact Form even closer than usual. Please reach out with any issues, and we’ll do our best to get back to you ASAP!
After the Fair, we will send a survey to all participants to share your experience with us! If you have a testimonial or success story to share with us, we’d love to hear it. Because this is a new event, your feedback will be extra important. We’ll be asking questions about attendance numbers, the success of your chosen streaming platform, and your overall experience participating in the Rc Virtual Fair. We always encourage participant feedback and suggestions as it will help us improve future Fair experiences for all. Thanks in advance!
Virtual Fair Participation Perks
Renegade offers creatives an opportunity to connect with engaged fans and enthusiastic shoppers. There are many additional benefits that come along with participating in the Virtual Fair! Here’s what we have to offer:
- Connect with a global market, new customers, and a supportive community.
- Opportunity to innovate and experiment.
- Sell direct to consumers.
- Potential features on our social media, which has over 300k followers.