Hi! Welcome to our Virtual Fair application, we’re excited you’re here! We are excited to be hosting a curated, interactive, and dynamic Virtual Fair on Friday, June 26, 6–8 pm EST that will connect small businesses with a global online community.
To use our platform to further amplify the voices and reach of BIPOC artists, makers, and designers we will be donating 100% of all proceeds to the Black Art Futures Fund, promoting the elevation and preservation of Black arts & culture. We can’t wait to see you in the Portal!
Be Present. Go Live. Come Together (Apart).
June 26 Virtual Fair:
- Notifications: June 17
- Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis after June 17
Your Portal, aka your artist bio, is the most important part of the Virtual Fair! This is the place where virtual visitors will “meet” you for the first time on our platform – introduce yourself and your business, tell visitors what you do/make, and what you will be doing for your livestream experience.
Check out a sample Portal below:
MAKERS + DESIGNERS
Renegade Craft makers + designers unite inspired design with quality craftsmanship. As the heart of Renegade Fairs, we look for emerging and established makers + designers that create inspired and original products made with exceptional quality, innovation, and care.
FOOD + DRINK
Serving food + drink prepared onsite, Food Vendors include food trucks, food stands, and ready-to-serve goods such as ice cream and coffee. Our interested and culinary-savvy crowds expect high quality, exciting, and innovative offerings.
EXPERIENTIAL + INSTALLATIONS
Experiential activations are those offering an experience or service to attendees such as workshops, games, vintage wares, photo ops, beauty bars, portraits, DJs, and installation artist.
Use this guide to determine which medium to select:
- Visual Arts – Painting, Printmaking, Ceramics, Drawing, Portraiture, Paper Goods & Stationery, Glass
- Technical Arts – 3D Printing, Animation, Graphic Design
- Wellness – Candles + Incense, CBD Products, Beauty, Apothecary
- Intuitive Arts – Tarot, Psychic Readings
- Fiber + Textiles + Apparel – Clothing, Bags + Wallets, Curated Vintage, Shoes, Rugs, Tapestries, Weaving
- Experiential – Comedy, Dance, Fitness, Yoga, Florals + Gardening, Food + Drink tutorials, Music + Sound, Science
- Furniture + Home – Woodworking, Interior Design, Industrial Design, Lighting
- Storefront / Webstore – Featuring Multiple Artists + Products
- Metal Arts – Jewelry, Metalsmithing, Welding
If these options still don’t describe your medium, pick “other” and tell us.
We encourage ANY experiential livestream activity – sky’s the limit! It doesn’t even have to pertain to your craft or be something super active, it can really be anything you dream up to engage a wide online audience.
After experimenting with many formats, we have found that livestreaming during the Fair makes for the best artist and visitor experience, so we are requiring a livestream element for participation. Upon acceptance, we will send you resources and best practices, so don’t worry if you’re new to livestreaming!
Just like our non-virtual Fairs, your creativity is what will breathe life into the event – go live with any kind of activation you can dream up! Sky’s the limit!
- Think of it as a way to connect with visitors and other creatives just like at in-person Fairs, without the spatial limits of a booth.
- Camera shy? No worries! Your live time can be an aerial shot of you making products, a look into your process, or a close up of your hands working.
- Successful livestreams have ranged from musical performances to dyeing demos, live painting sessions to drawing workshops.
- See examples of past livestreams on our Instagram page.
Each livestream platform has its pros and cons, we recommend doing research and testing each platform before deciding what you’ll do for the Fair! We compiled this handy list on the top platforms’ capabilities and limitations.
Usually, our applicants have a website to share, but if you don’t, that’s ok! Just share a link to any online presence you have so that we can get a sense of your product and business.
Don’t forget to place the full URL in the field. For example https://www.renegadecraft.com
Driven by our mission for Renegade to champion artists and uplift small businesses, we hope our Pay-What-You-Can (If-You-Can) model provides opportunity for our entire creative community – no matter the financial circumstance.
Whatever amount you are able to contribute is greatly appreciated and, in solidarity with BIPOC communities, 100% of all proceeds will be donated to organizations uplifting People of Color. We will be sharing a breakdown of proceeds after the Fair.
Please note: what you can pay does not affect your application in any way, and the amount you choose to Pay-What-You-Can (If-You-Can) will be charged upon acceptance.
- The amount you enter for Pay-What-You-Can $50 participation fee will be charged only upon acceptance.
- The payment information you provide for the application fee will be stored on Authorize.net, our secure payments system. If you are accepted to the Virtual Fair, we will send an email notification to your provided email address and will charge the card on file with your chosen participation amount within 48 hours.
- Should you not be accepted to the Fair, your card will not be charged for any additional fees.
- Payment info is periodically deleted from our payments system, in accordance with PCI compliance.