Strategic Marketing Manager (FT)
-Reports to Managing Director
EXEMPT VS. NON-EXEMPT STATUS:
JOB SUMMARY: The Strategic Marketing Manager is a full-time departmental managerial position tasked with overseeing Renegade’s advertising strategy, marketing objectives, content, and deliverables. Responsibilities include; creation and implementation of Renegade’s advertising plan, editorial calendar, tracking results, maintaining and developing brand identity, and coordinating promotional objectives and deliverables. The Strategic Marketing Manager oversees the marketing team and ensures that all deliverables are completed in a timely manner and with exceptional quality as well as determining the relative success of the overall marketing strategy.
- Oversee accounts on Instagram, Facebook, Pinterest, Twitter, Google AdWords, and MailChimp.
- Participate and drive the creation of effective Facebook / Google AdWords strategies for company and events.
- Launch and optimize various campaigns.
- Oversee and help strategize content calendar, spreadsheets, and budget to ensure realistic deadlines for all deliverables and cost effective means.
- Track KPIs to assess performance and pinpoint issues.
- Produce reports for company management and support staff (e.g. dashboards).
- Suggest and develop new campaigns across multiple channels.
- Work quickly & efficiently within a fast-paced, highly-energized team setting.
- Provide ideas & feedback to help continuously improve our team’s processes.
- Keep abreast of AdWords, Facebook, and other digital ad trends (Professional learning available).
- Serve as project manager for the marketing team to ensure all marketing objectives are met.
- Strategize ways to engage and involve the maker community, like-minded organizations, and the Renegade fan base to amp up our grassroots marketing efforts.
- Help brainstorm and develop content for e-newsletters, blog features, press releases, and social media.
- Gather, collate, and interpret data from surveys, Google Analytics, MailChimp, and ad statistics and apply to marketing strategy.
- Track advertising results and notable press write-ups.
- Coordinate, respond to, and facilitate media interviews.
- Act as Marketing contact at select Fairs, and oversee our social media strategy onsite as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree in business, marketing, advertising, statistics, analytics, or a related field preferred.
- 3+ years marketing management experience required.
- Experience managing a small team required.
- Data Analysis/Reporting/Optimization; A/B conversion/optimization experience.
- Proficient in Google AdWords and Google Analytics.
- Strong project management skills with the ability to seamlessly manage multiple different tasks at a time.
- Excellent time management skills and a get-it-done attitude.
- Outstanding written & oral communications skills.
- Analytical thinking with strong math skills.
- Insightful knowledge of influential media outlets and current marketing trends.
- Excellent visual, written, and verbal communication skills.
- Acute attention to detail and strong organizational skills.
- Astute design sense and editorial abilities.
- Ability to work effectively both individually and as part of a small team.
- Expertise within Asana, Slack, Google docs, Gmail applications, MailChimp, DropBox, Adobe Creative Cloud, and various social media and marketing apps and platforms.
- Google AdWords certification and Facebook Blueprint certification a plus (candidate will be expected to earn these certifications within 3 months of employment with Renegade Craft).
- While performing the duties of this position, the employee is frequently required to sit. Manual dexterity and coordination are required over 50% of the work period while operating equipment such as computer keyboard, mouse, and smart phone.
- Must be able to travel to select fairs and traverse various indoor/outdoor venues including City/State parks, warehouses, event spaces, and airports. Duties involve moving materials weighing up to 5 pounds on a regular basis and 25-50 pounds on an occasional basis while traveling to fairs and transporting supplies.
- Renegade allows for a variety of options for employees to work administratively including our Chicago based headquarters, personal home office, or other wifi-equipped remote location.
- This position may be required to travel to select Fair, which take place in a variety of indoor and outdoor venues.
*Renegade reserves the right to change job duties at any time and that the job description is not designed to cover every requirement of the job.
To apply for this position, please fill out the form below, including any links that may be helpful for us to review related to your work and experience. Please be sure to upload your resume and a cover letter, outlining your salary requirements. We’ll be in touch if we feel it’s a good fit. Thank you, and good luck!