FREELANCE – EVENT OPERATIONS MANAGER
TITLE: Freelance – Event Operations Manager
-Reports to COO
EXEMPT VS NON-EXEMPT STATUS:
JOB SUMMARY: The Event Operations Manager is a freelance position, working as a diverse and reliable member of Renegade Craft. They have a penchant for traveling, enjoy managing events and people, and take pride in their ability to handle all issues with a smile. They travel to select Fairs throughout the year to work as our main onsite event contact to manage setup and breakdown, and provide excellent customer service to all vendors, sponsors, attendees, and participants. The Renegade Event Manager has a 360-degree view of how we run logistics onsite at our Fairs, making them integral to the success of each event they travel to.
- Travel to select Fairs throughout the year to manage the set-up, load-in/out and run of Fair details from A to Z.
- Ensure that vendors and attendees are in love with Renegade Craft and want to return.
- Serve as point of contact to our venue managers, production teams, and all other hired teams as needed.
- Provide excellent customer service onsite, help troubleshoot with vendors, sponsors, attendees and all other participants during Fair.
- Oversee staff schedule and serve as onsite support for all staff needs for run of Fair.
- Coordinate with the Production + Operations Teams to learn onsite logistics leading up to the Fair, and participate in pre-Fair meetings.
- Delegate onsite tasks and lend support as needed with set-up, load-in, run of event, breakdown, and load-out.
- Assist and oversee production logistics when a member of the Production Team is not present onsite.
- Oversee Social Media accounts to ensure timely posts and on brand content.
- Prepare necessary paperwork and materials needed onsite.
- Review packing list prior to Fair and manage event supplies onsite to ensure proper packing and return of luggage and equipment. Relay any supplies we may need to order prior to the next event.
- Oversee all incoming and outgoing payments onsite. Manage and reconcile petty cash at the end of the Fair.
- Submit event report and summary after each Fair for review.
- Bachelor’s degree and 2+ years experience managing events, or any satisfactory combination of experience and training which demonstrates the knowledge, skills and abilities to perform the above duties.
- Ability to think on their feet, multi-task, and manage stress well.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work effectively both individually and as part of a small team.
- Ability to oversee a wide range of project elements without losing big-picture focus.
- Acute attention to detail and strong organizational skills.
- Positive attitude and personable nature.
- Creative problem-solving skills.
- Expertise within Asana, Slack, Google docs, DropBox, and Gmail applications.
- While performing the duties of this position, the employee is frequently required to sit. Manual dexterity and coordination are required over 50% of the work period while operating equipment such as computer keyboard, mouse, and smartphone.
- Candidate must also be able to travel to fairs and traverse various indoor/outdoor venues including City/State parks, warehouses, event spaces, and airports. Duties involve moving materials weighing up to 5 pounds on a regular basis and 25-50 pounds on an occasional basis while traveling to fairs and transporting supplies.
- This role will primarily function remotely and will be hired as a freelance employee of Renegade Craft.
- Candidates in the Chicago, IL area are preferred.
- This position will travel to 10-15 Fairs per year. 3-5 of these will be for our upcoming Summer season.
- This position requires the Event Manager to use and bring their own devices such as computer, laptop, cell phone, etc.
*Renegade reserves the right to change job duties at any time and that the job description is not designed to cover every requirement of the job.
Come as you are: Renegade Craft is an equal opportunity employer.
To apply for this position, please fill out the form below, including any links that may be helpful for us to review related to your work and experience. Please be sure to upload your resume and a cover letter. We’ll be in touch if we feel it’s a good fit. Thank you, and good luck!