- San Francisco: January 7 – February 16. Notifications: February 18.
- Los Angeles: January 7 – February 16. Notifications: February 20.
- Denver: January 7 – February 16. Notifications: February 26.
- Austin: January 7 – February 16. Notifications: February 24.
- Brooklyn: March 3 – April 26. Notifications: April 29.
- Chicago: March 3 – April 26. Notifications: April 27.
- San Francisco: March 3 – May 10. Notifications: May 14.
- Chicago Pitchfork Music Festival Pop-Up: March 3 – May 10. Notifications: May 20.
- Seattle: March 3 – May 10. Notifications: May 18.
- Chicago: June 2 – July 5. Notifications: July 7.
- San Francisco: July 21 – September 20. Notifications: September 24.
- Boston: July 21 – September 20. Notifications: September 22.
- New York: July 21 – September 20. Notifications: September 28.
- Los Angeles: July 21 – September 20. Notifications: September 30.
- Austin: July 21 – September 20. Notifications: October 2.
- Brooklyn: July 21 – October 11. Notifications: October 22.
- Seattle: July 21 – October 11. Notifications: October 19.
- Portland: July 21 – October 11. Notifications: October 26.
- Chicago: July 21 – October 11. Notifications: October 15.
MAKERS + DESIGNERS
Renegade Craft makers + designers unite inspired design with quality craftsmanship. As the heart of Renegade Fairs, we look for emerging and established makers + designers that create inspired and original products made with exceptional quality, innovation, and care.
Renegade Craft will consider select designers with ethically sourced or lightly manufactured goods that fit into the Fair’s aesthetic. This includes fair traders and designers who may outsource the production of their goods. Please be as descriptive about your product and process in your application as possible.
Serving food + drink prepared onsite, Food Vendors include food trucks, food stands, and ready-to-serve goods such as ice cream and coffee. Our interested and culinary-savvy crowds expect high quality, exciting, and innovative offerings.
Small batch, local ingredients, and beautiful presentation: Pre-Packaged Vendors appeal to attendees looking for high-quality handmade snacks and gifts.
Experiential activations are those offering an experience or service to attendees such as workshops, games, vintage wares, photo ops, beauty bars, portraits, and more. Experientials who charge a fee for their activity or service or sell things in addition to their activation pay the maker + designer rate, since they are vending creative products or services.
If you are interested in creating a free or in-trade activation or installation – DJs, installation artists, free workshops – please contact us here and select “I would like to create an Experience or Installation at a Fair.” We’re excited to work with you!
Renegade’s ~20 events range from intimate to flagship: with each event having its own unique personality, aesthetic, and audience. Your work will connect differently at each event, so please consider the two questions below when applying.
- Is the Fair indoors or outdoors? Think about lighting, weather (and if it can affect your product), access to power, wifi, tent, etc.
- How many makers + designers are selling at this Fair? An intimate event will bring an attentive audience to your booth, while a flagship event will bring lots of fast moving eyes. Both have their strengths!
What’s the difference between a Fair and a Pop-Up?
A Fair is a two-day, curated event located in a thoughtfully chosen city and space. Fairs are established and recurring, always evolving and growing. A Pop-Up is an intimate and more selective event, usually in partnership or collaboration with a like-minded venue, event, or brand. Pop-Ups can range from one-day to multiple.
See the Booth Sizes and Pricing above to see more information about each event.
Renegade is a juried event, and we review each application carefully and thoughtfully. We base our aesthetic vision for the Fairs on the jury criteria below:
Your work is innovative, contemporary, and avoids over-saturated trends.
You use high quality materials and techniques to make your work. Items are beautiful, durable, and market ready.
Your work reflects the modern contemporary maker and designer landscape, and fits within our modern aesthetic.
Your work is unique, creative, and unquestionably your own.
Your online and onsite presence is aesthetically appealing, consistent and cohesive, and well-designed.
The average price of your items provides a balance of quality and accessibility for our attendees.
You keep material waste in mind when creating and/or use sustainable and upcycled materials.
Your work is designed and/or handmade by you, and sourced in an ethical way. If you outsource your work, please apply using the Ethically Sourced option in the makers + designers category. Additionally, it is imperative that your application is clear on who makes your products and – if not made yourself – what your working relationship is to those makers.
- Please note we collect a $50 application fee per fair that must be paid for at the time of application. We do not collect the booth fee(s) upfront on the application.
- The nonrefundable $50 application fee is to process and thoughtfully jury every application.
- Once your application fee(s) are submitted, your payment information will be stored on Authorize.net, our secure payments system. If you are accepted to the fair(s) that you applied to, we will send an email notification to your provided email address and will charge the card on file for the booth fee(s) you selected within 48 hours. You will be charged individually for each Fair.
- Should you not be accepted to the Fair, your card will not be charged for the booth fee(s).
- Payment info is periodically deleted from our payments system, in accordance with PCI compliance.
In the event you must cancel your participation:
- We offer full refunds of booth fees up to one month prior to the Fair.
- After that, we offer a 50% discount on cancellations until two weeks prior to the Fair.
- If you cancel within two weeks of the Fair, we cannot offer refunds of any amount due to the proximity of the event.
- The initial application fee of $50 per Fair is not refundable.
- Once you cancel, you forfeit your spot in the Fair and you are not permitted to sell or trade your space.
This policy applies to both standard and rolling applications.
- Renegade recommends that your business complies with your local tax regulations by registering your business, collecting sales tax, and reporting and remitting sales tax. While we cannot offer specific guidance about tax compliance, if you have questions, we recommend you consult with an accountant or www.irs.gov for more details.
- We welcome international makers + designers join us from abroad, but we recommend you contact the customs department and learn what you need to do directly from them. Renegade Craft does not provide any sales tax or customs advice.
Renegade Craft expects participants to know their state and federal laws. If needed, please refer to these state government resources for more detailed information on CBD products. Renegade Craft is not an authority on this issue and can not offer any legal advice. We offer the below resources as a starting point and do not claim them to be comprehensive.
Please note, Fort Mason in San Francisco is Federal property, and subject to Federal law. CBD consumables are forbidden onsite and in all forms of marketing tools (including verbal marketing). If you are a CBD vendor accepted to the San Francisco Fair, you will be expected to sign a form of compliance, and abide by these laws.
More info and Contact: DSHSHempProgram@dshs.texas.gov OR for non-consumables: TDAHempProgram@TexasAgriculture.gov
More info and Contact: 617-626-1700
More info and Contact: 217-782-4345 OR April.Caulk@illinois.gov
More info and Contact: 720-913-1501 OR email@example.com
More info and Contact: 916-650-6500 OR firstname.lastname@example.org
More info and Contact: 646-632-6001 OR email@example.com
More info and Contact: 503-986-4652 OR firstname.lastname@example.org
More info and Contact: 415-561-4743 OR email@example.com
More info and Contact: 360-902-1800
- If you are sharing your booth space with another maker, be in close contact with them! We send out a booth share email shortly after notifications go out so you can begin planning your setup as soon as possible. Make sure you connect and discuss all of your plans for the Fair and your booth setup together.
- If you requested a specific booth mate and they are not selected to participate in the Fair, we will pair you with another vendor who compliments your products and aesthetic.
- If you are participating in an outdoor Fair, especially make sure you connect with your booth mate to get on the same page about tent and table rentals.
- Please note that most shared booths have to setup side-by-side with the shortest side of your display facing the aisle, so please plan your booth layout accordingly along with your booth mate.
- If you have attempted to contact your assigned booth mate and have not heard back, please reach out to us via our Contact Form.
Once accepted to the Fair, we offer furniture rentals and other amenities, varying per venue. Rentals often include tables in a variety of sizes, clothing racks, chairs, tents for outdoor events, wifi, and early load-in, as available. Rental orders can be placed through the Participation Kit upon acceptance.
Over the course of 18 years, Renegade Craft has grown and evolved with the help of like-minded Sponsors + Partners. They have been instrumental in keeping Renegade accessible to vendors with affordable booth costs, and inclusive for attendees with free admission. We strive to be thoughtful in choosing our partners, and only collaborate with those who share our vision and mission of accessibility and inclusivity.