Auxiliary Application Virtual Fair
Hello! Hi! Greetings!
Thank you for your interest in our Virtual Fair. We launched this initiative to support our creative community through this time (and beyond!), and to provide a dynamic platform for our virtual visitors to experience from the safety of their homes. Our application is currently closed but sign up to our mailing list for more info on upcoming events!
Be Present. Go Live. Come Together (Apart).
Your Portal, aka your artist bio, is the most important part of the Virtual Fair! This is the place where virtual visitors will “meet” you for the first time on our platform – introduce yourself and your business, tell visitors what you do/make, and what you will be doing for your livestream experience.
Check out a sample Portal below:
MAKERS + DESIGNERS
Renegade Craft makers + designers unite inspired design with quality craftsmanship. As the heart of Renegade Fairs, we look for emerging and established makers + designers that create inspired and original products made with exceptional quality, innovation, and care.
FOOD + DRINK
Serving food + drink prepared onsite, Food Vendors include food trucks, food stands, and ready-to-serve goods such as ice cream and coffee. Our interested and culinary-savvy crowds expect high quality, exciting, and innovative offerings.
EXPERIENTIAL + INSTALLATIONS
Experiential activations are those offering an experience or service to attendees such as workshops, games, vintage wares, photo ops, beauty bars, portraits, DJs, and installation artist.
Use this guide to determine which medium to select:
- Visual Arts – Painting, Printmaking, Ceramics, Drawing, Portraiture, Paper Goods & Stationery, Glass
- Technical Arts – 3D Printing, Animation, Graphic Design
- Wellness – Candles + Incense, CBD Products, Beauty, Apothecary
- Intuitive Arts – Tarot, Psychic Readings
- Fiber + Textiles + Apparel – Clothing, Bags + Wallets, Curated Vintage, Shoes, Rugs, Tapestries, Weaving
- Experiential – Comedy, Dance, Fitness, Yoga, Florals + Gardening, Food + Drink tutorials, Music + Sound, Science
- Furniture + Home – Woodworking, Interior Design, Industrial Design, Lighting
- Storefront / Webstore – Featuring Multiple Artists + Products
- Metal Arts – Jewelry, Metalsmithing, Welding
If these options still don’t describe your medium, pick “other” and tell us.
We encourage ANY experiential livestream activity – sky’s the limit! Do whatever! It doesn’t even have to pertain to your craft or be something super active, it can really be anything you dream up to engage a wide online audience.
We collect this information for internal data uses only. The amount of followers you have in no way affects your application to the Fair – we love established and emerging artists alike!
While we encourage you to go live for the entire duration of the Fair to create as close to an in-person experience as possible, it is not required for participation! You are welcome to use pre-recorded content, or reuse Friday live content for Saturday. It’s up to you!
Each livestream platform has its pros and cons, we recommend doing research and testing each platform before deciding what you’ll do for the Fair! We compiled this handy list on the top platforms’ capabilities and limitations.
Usually, our applicants have a website to share, but if you don’t, that’s ok! Just share a link to any online presence you have so that we can get a sense of your product and business.
Don’t forget to place the full URL in the field. For example https://www.renegadecraft.com
- May 1+2: April 22 – April 26. Notifications April 27.
- May 8+9: April 22 – May 3. Notifications May 4.
- May 15+16: April 22 – May 10. Notifications May 11.
- May 22+23: April 22 – May 17. Notifications May 18.
- May 29+30: April 22 – May 25. Notifications May 26.