YOU x RCF
Thanks for your interest in working at RCF!
We’re currently hiring an experienced, energetic, detail-oriented Production Director with exemplary leadership skills and a personable nature. Please see the complete job description below, and apply using the form along with a copy of your resume and cover letter. If we feel you are good fit for this position, a member of our team will be in touch soon to set-up an interview. We’re ideally looking to fill this opening by early-to-mid December, but can be somewhat flexible for the right candidate.
We have crafted a thoughtful, supportive, and collaborative company culture at RCF. Our team is continually expanding as we take Renegade Craft Fair to new cities and take on new endeavors. We offer competitive benefits and generous perks, as well as flexible and remote working options. RCF HQ is located in Chicago with about half of our staff located there, and the rest of our team being scattered throughout the States. The Production Director position is open to anyone living in the Continental U.S.
The RCF Production Director’s role is essential to the overall success of each Fair, providing integral insight to best navigate the nuances of our diverse venue landscape and numerous subcontractor relationships. They focus primarily on the establishment of turnkey event logistics, providing innovative and cost effective solutions with the goal of producing the highest quality events. The Production Director works closely with the Production and Business Operations Teams to seamlessly execute all production related elements for each Renegade Craft Fair across multiple cities.
- Travels to venues for site visits to gather venue operations details for layouts and production plans as needed.
- Reviews venue contracts and relays important dates, guidelines, venue restrictions and onsite support details to RCF staff.
- Creates turnkey production plans for each fair to ensure a seamless event experience for all participants and attendees.
- Researches and hires production vendors and suppliers to determine the best options for adequate and cost efficient support options.
- Researches any applicable new or changed licensing and permitting information by city/venue.
- Secures any necessary street closures and/or special event permits as needed.
- Finalizes and confirms maximum booth count for each Fair venue layout, submit to Associate Director for approval.
- Create or oversee creation of final site plan for each venue, making updates as needed.
- Strategize and create Fair staffing schedule and contingency plan with Operations Director.
- Creates and shares production timeline and appropriate contact info for each Fair, and work closely with Sr. Production Manager to confirm details.
- Acts as liaison between sponsors, partners and other special participants to accommodate onsite logistical needs.
- Works with Food + Beverage Curator to plan and oversee onsite food and bar service and applicable permitting for each Fair.
- Creates annual production budget for each Fair and submits proposal to Associate Director for approval.
- Determines a la carte pricing for all participant rentals to ensure all appropriate onsite costs are covered.
- Acts as onsite event director at select Fairs, which includes scheduling, receiving, and directing all deliveries and inspectors during setup and run of Fair.
- Consistently strives to bring innovation and higher quality experiences across all hired production teams and sourced fair elements.
- Contributes notes and feedback for RCF production team’s annual reviews, and leads mid-year check-in with their team.
- Bachelor’s degree and 5+ years event production experience; or any satisfactory combination of experience and training which demonstrates the knowledge, skills and abilities to perform the above duties.
- Proven staff management skills and 5+ years experience managing teams and/or staff.
- Strong leadership skills and the ability to positively mentor new and existing staff.
- Focused project management skills and the ability to prioritize data and tasks across a variety of projects and exchanges.
- Expertise within AutoCAD and/or SketchUp, Asana, Google docs, and Gmail applications.
- Ability to work effectively individually, in small teams, and in dynamic event settings.
- Acute attention to detail and strong organizational skills.
- Strong communication skills across diverse media and in person.
- Positive attitude and personable nature.
- Creative problem-solving skills.
- While performing the duties of this position, the employee is frequently required to sit.
- Manual dexterity and coordination are required over 50% of the work period while operating equipment such as computer keyboard, mouse, and smart phone.
- Candidate must also be able to travel to fairs and traverse various indoor/outdoor venues including City/State parks, warehouses, event spaces, and airports.
- Duties involve moving materials weighing up to 5 pounds on a regular basis and 25-50 pounds on an occasional basis while traveling to fairs and transporting supplies.
- RCF Allows for a variety of options for employees to work administratively including our Chicago based headquarters, personal home office, or other wifi-equipped remote location.
- This position will also be required to travel to and oversee 5-7 Fairs per year, which take place in a variety of indoor and outdoor venues.
Other Opportunities @ RCF
We always love to hear from folks who are interested in working with us in every capacity! Please use the form below to select the areas of expertise or interest you may have, and submit a copy of your current resume. Please also indicate if you are looking for volunteer, freelance/seasonal, or full/part-time opportunities. We will keep your name and resume on file, and should something open up in an area you are interested in, and we feel you are good fit, a member of our team will be in touch!
RCF Application Inquiries
Renegade Craft Fair provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Renegade Craft Fair complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company operates.